If our last blog with video production facts didn’t convince you, this one absolutely will. I just stumbled upon a great site with a ton of facts about online video, and thought I’d share a few with you today!
Here are the online video facts:
According to a comScore study, released in February 2011, 82.5% of the U.S. Internet audience viewed a video online – This is a huge! I’d be willing to say that a large portion of the other 17.5% of people have caught on by now.
In a 2010 report from Cisco, 30% of Internet traffic is currently video. By 2013, 90% of Internet traffic will be video. – 90%! That’s 90% of the entire traffic of the Internet. That’s quite the impact.
By 2014, online video ad spending will swell from $1.97 billion to $5.71 billion. – This is businesses catching onto the trend. If by 2013 90% of the Internet traffic is video, I’m sure a portion of this will be advertising.
By 30 seconds into an online video up to 33% of viewers have moved on; at 1 minute 44% have left (regardless of the clip’s length) and almost 60% have abandoned by the 2 minute mark. – This is why it’s important to have an engaging video. Something that really affects people and makes them want to continue watching.
Video E-mail messages generate 2-3 X higher click-thru rates compared to static E-mails. – Can you imagine gaining double the exposure to your website just through an amazing video e-mail? It’s worth the extra time and money!
Roughly 66% of the world’s mobile data traffic will be video by 2014. – People are still watching videos, even on their cell phones. With the advances in high speed technology come more opportunities for businesses to reach consumers in different ways!
According to Internet Retailer, an April 2010 report stated that consumers who watch product videos are 85% more likely to buy products compared to those who do not watch. – Video increases sales! Again, with the extra time and money spent, your business could be so much more successful!
So what should you do with these video facts?
Improving your online presence is absolutely something any business should start implementing now as part of their marketing strategies. If you haven’t, its not too late. It’s not 2014, yet! Hop on the online video bandwagon now and make sure you stay ahead of the game, or at least play on the same courts. It take a bit more time and cost a bit more money, but making videos will be one of the best things you’ve done for your business.